Personal Insurance - Christensen Insurance

Insurance Details

Personal lines insurance is coverage that protects families or individuals against financial losses.

  • We shop a dozen companies to find the best coverage and price for your needs.
  • Auto insurance is required by Connecticut law.
  • It is protection for you, your passengers and your car.
  • Auto insurance includes:
  1. Comprehensive coverage helps pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it’s damaged from an incident like hitting an animal, fire or flooding, glass damage and hail.
  2. Collision coverage helps pay for damages to your vehicle from an incident related to driving such as collisions with stationary objects and other vehicles.
  3. Liability coverage helps protect your assets if you are found legally responsible for the injury or death of another person resulting from a car accident. It also helps to pay to repair or replace the other person’s damaged property.
  4. Uninsured / Underinsured coverage protects you and your passengers if you’re in an accident caused by a driver who either doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough coverage. Depending on where you live, they may also help with repairing damage to your vehicle, even in a hit-and-run.
  • For most people, their home is their most valuable financial asset, and we are committed to finding you the right coverage and competitive pricing.
  • From modest starter homes to high value luxury homes, we can find the right protection for almost everyone.
  • Homeowners insurance covers you, your home, and your belongings.
  • Homeowners insurance includes:
  1. Dwelling coverage which helps to pay to repair or replace your home and attached structures if damaged by a covered event.
  2. Other Structures covers detached structures on your property like a garage, fence or shed if damaged by a covered event.
  3. Personal Property protects what’s inside your home like electronics, furniture, and clothing if they are stolen or damaged.
  4. Liability helps to protect you financially. For example, if someone is injured at your home or you damage someone else’s property, and you are found legally liable.
  • A homeowner’s policy for your condominium. Each owner needs their own policy because association coverage alone is not enough.
  • You must be familiar with your association’s policy to know what coverage is needed for your unit.
  • In most cases a unit owners policy starts at less than $200 annually.
  • It protects you, your condo unit and your belongings.
  • Condo insurance typically includes:
  1. Personal Liability insurance If someone is accidentally injured while visiting your condo and you are at fault, this coverage may help pay for related legal expenses or your guest’s resulting medical bills.
  2. Guest medical coverage if a guest is injured at your home, guest medical coverage may help pay for related medical expenses even if you are not at fault.
  3. Building property protection typically helps pay for repairs to the walls of your condo unit and its interior, which could include items such as built-in bookcases and fixtures, if damage is caused by a covered peril.
  4. Personal property covers belongings such as electronics, appliances, furniture, and clothing if they are stolen or damaged in a covered claim.
  • Renter’s is essential coverage for anyone who rents an apartment, condominium, or house.
  • Premium costs are typically less than the cost of a take-out pizza per month providing low-cost peace of mind.
  • Protects your belongings from fire, theft and more.
  1. Personal liability coverage is included which covers damage or theft of your personal property like electronics, furniture, and accessories.
  • Umbrella coverage is also called Excess Liability.
  • It provides extended protection in the event of a lawsuit when your basic auto or homeowners liability limits are not enough.
  • Flood insurance is property insurance that covers a dwelling for losses sustained by water damage due to flooding.
  • Flood damage is not covered by most homeowner policies.
  • We can help you get flood insurance whether we provide your homeowner insurance.
  • Motorcycle insurance is like auto insurance and includes the same basic coverages. (See auto insurance.)
  • There are a few potentially important differences. Your Harley-Davidson with lots of chrome or a touring bike with lots of accessories needs more than a basic auto policy.
  • We represent four of the top companies for cycle insurance, so our price quote is competitive!
  • A probate bond is a type of court bond issued on the performance of an executor of the estate of a recently deceased person.
  • Other bonds have specific purposes, usually as a financial guarantee.
  • Bonds are available from several of the major insurance companies we represent.
  • We provide many types of bonds. We do not offer bail bonds.
Speak with one of our friendly, local insurance agents today.

Christensen Insurance

We are a third-generation independent insurance agency. Noris Christensen started the business with the goal of providing a high level of customer service. We offer the insurance products our customers need from among the best insurance companies.

Call us today and a real person will answer the phone and help you.

Get In Touch

Speak to a friendly person anytime:
(860) 651-8236

Located conveniently off Route 10:
540 Hopmeadow Street
Simsbury CT 06070

Fax us: (860) 651-8367

Copyright © Christensen Insurance. 2023. All Rights Reserved. Website by Pixel & Code Studio